1. What living person has received the most Academy Award nominations?
Composer John Williams (49 nominations)
2. What person has received the most Academy Award nominations?
Walt Disney (59 nominations)
3. Who is the youngest person to win an Academy Award in a standard acting category?
Tatum O’Neal (1974 for Paper Moon, 10 years old)
4. Who is the oldest person to win an Academy Award in a standard acting category?
Jessica Tandy (1989 for Driving Miss Daisy, 80 years old)
5. Who was the first African national to win an Academy Award in a standard acting category?
Charlize Theron (2004 for Monster)
6. What is the only X-rated movie to win the Academy Award for Best Picture?
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
7. Who is the first Saturday Night Live cast member to receive an Academy Award nomination
while still on the show?
Kristen Wiig (2012 for Best Original Screenplay, Bridesmaids)
8. Who is the only person to win both the Academy Award for Best Actor/Actress and the Razzie for Worst Actor/Actress in the same year? (Bonus point: what movie was the Razzie for?)
Sandra Bullock (2010 for The Blind Side and All About Steve, respectively)
9. Which of the following directors has won an Academy Award for Best Director?
a) Francis Ford Coppolab) Alfred Hitchcockc) Orson Wellesd) Stanley Kubricke) Robert Altman
10. Every film John Cazale appeared in was nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award. How many films did he appear in?
Five: The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, The Conversation, Dog Day Afternoon, The Deer Hunter
11. Who is the only person to win both a Nobel Prize (1925) and an Academy Award (1938)?
George Bernard Shaw (Nobel Prize in Literature and Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Pygmalion)
12. Who is the head writer for the Academy Awards ceremony?
13. Which one of these is NOT an actual branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?
a) Public Relationsb) Makeup Artists & Hairstylistsc) Castingd) Documentaries
14. What two father-daughter tandems have won Academy Awards for acting? (1 point for each)
Henry Fonda (1981, On Golden Pond) and Jane Fonda (1972, Klute; 1979, Coming Home)
Jon Voight (1979, Coming Home) and Angelina Jolie (2000, Girl, Interrupted)
15. What movie won the first Academy Award for Best Animated Feature?
a) Finding Nemob) Shrekc) Monsters, Inc.d) The Incrediblese) Fantasia 2000
16. How many of Pixar’s nine nominees for Best Animated Feature have won?
Seven: Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, and Brave (Monsters, Inc. and Cars did not win).
17. The Academy Awards banned acceptance of an award by a proxy after what winner sent Native American activist Sacheen Littlefeather to accept the award?
Marlon Brando (1973, The Godfather)
18. Bob Hope hosted 19 Academy Awards ceremonies. Billy Crystal has hosted 9. Who is next on the list, with 5 ceremonies hosted?
19. Oscar statuettes are typically made out of britannium plated with gold. During WWII, resource shortages led to statues being made of what?
a) Woodb) Tinc) Plasterd) Steel
20. What two actors have won posthumous Academy Awards in a standard acting category?
Peter Finch (1977, Network); Heath Ledger (2009, The Dark Knight)